Save time and money with our E-learning courses. These easy-to-use live webinars provide training through a combination of PowerPoint-style presentation and interactive teleconference - all from the comfort of your own office. Led by experienced public sector instructors, the content is timely and relevant, based on best practices and real-world examples. Open to all public sector employees, the online format also allows for networking and sharing of ideas and solutions with your peers from across Canada.
In partnership with Paragon Strategic Services (Tracey Lorenson) and Jan Enns Communications, the LGMA and CAMA are pleased to offer the following courses (listed below) for the spring 2013 semester to help you meet your training needs and increase capacity in your organization.
How does E-Learning Work?
The two-hour, one-day webinar sessions are scheduled to run on Tuesday's from:
• 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Atlantic Time
At the end of each session time will be set aside for discussion of the topics for those that are interested. If an attendee misses a session, the recording will be available for viewing for seven days after the course is offered.
This webinar series qualifies for 0.5 (one-half) MMC, CMC, and CMC Recertification point per two contact hours.
We welcome participation from IIMC members in the United States and other provinces in Canada.
The webinar sessions are $150.00 plus applicable taxes per person.
All fees must be paid at the time of registration by credit cards and are non-refundable.
Transfers to another registrant are permitted.
Upcoming 2013 Webinars
- Strategic Planning for Councils & Staff
February 19 (Tuesday)
- Planning for Successful Citizen Engagement in 10 Easy Steps
February 26 (Tuesday)
- Coaching for Top Performance
March 5 (Tuesday)
- Media Relations: Tools, Tips & Techniques to Improve Your Media
March 26 (Tuesday)
- Essential Supervisory Skills: New & Experienced Supervisors
April 2 (Tuesday)
- Customer Service in the Public Sector
April 9 (Tuesday)
- Issues Management: How to use Proactive Communications to Prevent Problems
April 16 (Tuesday)
- Respectful Workplace: Behavioral & Generational Issues
April 23 (Tuesday)
- Interpersonal Skills: Making the Most of Your Communication With Others
April 30 (Tuesday)
- Communication Planning for Small Communities
May 7 (Tuesday)
- Conflict Resolution & Having Difficult Conversations
May 21 (Tuesday)
- Social Media 101: The Basics
June 18 (Tuesday)
- Social Media 201: From Informing to Engaging
June 25 (Tuesday)
- 2012 Fall E-Learning Series - Program Brochure [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- 2012 Fall E-Learning Series - Français [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- 2012 Spring E-Learning Series [PDF - 1004 KB]
- 2012 Spring E-Learning Series - Francais [PDF - 1016 KB]
- 2011 Fall E-Learning Series [PDF - 829 KB]
- 2011 Fall E-Learning Series - Français [PDF - 836 KB]
- 2011 Spring E-Learning Series [PDF - 860 KB]
- 2009 Fall E-Learning Brochure [PDF - 360 KB]
- 2009 Spring E-Learning Brochure [PDF - 182 KB]