Annual Conference & AGM
The LGMA holds its Annual General Meeting and conference in May or June each year. The conference is held in various locations across the province to reflect the geographically diverse membership. Each year a local organizing committee works with the Association to prepare a program that provides numerous educational sessions on current issues and thought-provoking keynote speakers as well as networking opportunities for members.
Typically the annual conference will have upwards of 400 delegates although that number has reached 500 in some years.
The conference features an excellent tradeshow opportunity for suppliers providing products and services to the local government sector.
- 2017 Penticton, Penticton Trade and Convention Centre, May 16-18
- 2018 Victoria, Victoria Conference Centre, May 15-17
- 2019 Vancouver, The Westin Bayshore Vancouver, June 9-13
- 2016 Nanaimo, Vancouver Island Conference Centre, June 21-23
- 2015 Prince George, Prince George Civic Centre, June 16 - 18
- 2014 Vancouver, The Westin Bayshore, June 10-12
- 2013 Kelowna, Delta Grand Okanagan, June 11-13
- 2012 Victoria, Victoria Conference Centre, May 15-17
- 2011 Penticton, Penticton Trade and Convention Centre, May 17-19
- 2010 Whistler, Fairmont Chateau Whistler, May 18-20
- 2009 Nanaimo, Vancouver Island Conference Centre, June 9-11
- 2008 Prince George, Prince George Civic Center, June 17-19
- 2007 Vancouver, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, May 15-17
- 2006 Kelowna, Grand Okanagan Hotel, June 13-15
- 2005 Whistler, Fairmont Chateau Whistler, May 31 - June 2
- 2004 Victoria, Victoria Conference Centre, June 8-10
- 2003 Penticton, Penticton Trade and Convention Centre, June 17-20
- 2002 Kamloops
- 2001 Whistler