Recognition & Awards
LGMA recognizes its members' achievements and contributions to local government service with an awards program. These awards highlight extraordinary accomplishments and dedicated service to the profession.
Peer recognition is one of our most valuable ways of ensuring continued excellence throughout the local government management profession. All LGMA members are encouraged to take the time to nominate those members of our profession who they feel are deserving of recognition.
Awards are presented each year at the Annual Conference in the following categories:
- Distinguished Member;
- Professional Service (Leadership, Innovation, or Community or Volunteer Service);
- Distinguished Partner;
- Long Service (nomination not required as length of service is monitored by LGMA).
Nominations will be evaluated pursuant to the individual award criteria. These must be submitted in writing identifying the category of recognition, outlining the member's achievement(s) that are to be recognized, and noting how the member has fulfilled the criteria for the chosen award nomination.
The following persons are eligible to nominate someone for an award:
- a member of the Board;
- a Chief Administrative Officer of a BC local government;
- the Regional Chapter Executive; or
- at least two Members who are Regular or Life Members.
Nomination Form and Further Information:
- Online Nomination Form
- Awards for Members (see Section 3 for further details including specific award criteria)
- Past Award Recipients
The Selection Committee will review and thoroughly evaluate all nominations submitted, with award recipients to be recognized at the Annual Conference.Go to Top